How To Slice Images Like a “Pro” in Adobe Fireworks
August 15th, 2010 by Mike Locke  |  8 Comments »

OlympiaLogger
    August 17th, 2010 at 2:06 pm

Big Mike!

Su-weeet tut!

I use Corel and have always had trouble getting CorelPaint to do that, and more or less gave up on good PNG exports. (mostly more)

But you resparked my interest.
    Last night I went over the help file and the save drill again and again. What I hadn't noticed is the 'export' will save with alpha but the 'save as' doesn't.

That nice video 'nudged' me and I'm finally doing someting in Corel I've always wanted to.

THANKS !!!

Michael Locke
    August 17th, 2010 at 2:09 pm

Nice, glad the tut helped you out a bit. Thanks for the feedback. ;)

Jamal Robert
    October 29th, 2010 at 2:32 pm

Hi mike. Nice video tut, Thank you for doing this as well as the web design process, its awsome. Mike please i sent you a message after watching your video on using html/css template on wordpress, but you didnt reply. Please, could you kindly review and reply to me? thank you.

Michael M.
    April 20th, 2011 at 4:18 pm

no offense intended, but this isnt technically “slicing” … this is creating individual graphics used in a complete graphical mock-up and placing those images into html and css code in order to mimic the mock-up…or in other words “web design.” just thought i’d point that out.

April 20th, 2011 at 5:11 pm

@Michael M. – True, but the point of slicing is exactly for that purpose…to save individual images for the purpose of using to build your html page. Just curious, what’s your definition of slicing? …btw, no offense taken. Appreciate the comment. ;)

Michael M.
    April 21st, 2011 at 10:15 am

hey Mike. my definition of “slicing” when using Fireworks is actually using the slicing tools to define areas of the site. Dont get me wrong, I definitely prefer to do it the same way you are, i’ve been doing it that way for years as well…but I wouldnt define it as “slicing.” I guess I personally would define that as “good ol’ fashion web design, by true web designers.”

thats just me.

April 21st, 2011 at 10:18 am

@Michael M. – True, I hear you. Good points. ;)

internet marketing
    July 8th, 2014 at 7:50 am

Hello my family member! I wish to say that
    this article is awesome, nice written and come with approximately all vital infos.

I would like to peer more posts like this .