Going to School or Learning Web Design on Your Own?
June 7th, 2012 by Mike Locke  |  11 Comments »

In this video I talk about my thoughts on whether you should go to school or learn web design on your own.

Kris Jolls
    June 7th, 2012 at 11:26 pm

Awesome. Well said.

Eddie Givens
    June 8th, 2012 at 8:20 am

Nice Mike. Well said. Signing up to your online training class has change my life. Thanks man. Oh! It’s pretty funny that you posted a jQuery how to guide just after we last spoke in email. PERFECT timing man, THANK YOU!

June 8th, 2012 at 7:24 pm

@Kris @Eddie Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback.

Green Web Solutions
    June 8th, 2012 at 11:22 pm

hi, the post was awesome well said.

Vanessa
    June 11th, 2012 at 9:59 am

Hey Mike, awesome post – really appreciate your mentorship and excellent tuition.. I consider myself very lucky to have you as a mentor. Great! thanks.

June 12th, 2012 at 11:51 am

Thanks Vanessa, always appreciate the nice words and feedback.

Mark
    June 13th, 2012 at 10:36 pm

Thanks Mike. You seem very knowledgeable and kind. I have kids too and I don’t want to waste any time learning no essential stuff. I think I will be signing up for your class soon. Thanks again.

Mark
    June 13th, 2012 at 10:37 pm

oops.. I meant “non” essential.

Jeff
    June 20th, 2012 at 8:33 am

Mike,

I am 44 years old and want to make a change. I have been familiar with PCs since the Apple IIe in 1983.

Recently, I was tasked with creating an intranet site for my company.

I found that I really like this and am wanting to make a change from Mechanical Design/Quality Control to web development.

Do you think there is still time to make a change, or is web design and IT in general a “young man’s game”?

Jose
    June 20th, 2012 at 1:35 pm

Thanks Mike, I couldn’t agree with you more. Thanks for another great video post

June 22nd, 2012 at 12:13 am

@Jeff – I don’t think age matters. What matters though is that you make sure to focus on the latest and newest technology, services and websites….most of which are run and used by the younger folks. If you stay aware of the latest design trends, you can be any age. As long as you remain hip to whats going on and what coming, you’ll be ok.