Web Design Advice for the New Year (2014)
December 26th, 2013 by Mike Locke  |  16 Comments »

In this video I share with you my top three tips for the new year. Just a few things to think about. And lastly, wishing everyone blessed and prosperous 2014!

Clark A
    December 28th, 2013 at 9:39 am

Great advice as always Mike. Thanks for all that you do and have a Wonderful New Year!

Pradeep
    December 29th, 2013 at 12:19 am

Thanks for your advice Mike, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Kris Jolls
    December 29th, 2013 at 12:28 pm

Happy New Year Mike! Thanks for everything 2013.

December 29th, 2013 at 6:08 pm

Thanks Guys, much appreciated. Happy New Years!

Isma
    December 31st, 2013 at 11:33 am

Happy New Year from Spain.

All your videos that I saw have been very valuable to understand the basics of web design.

Best wishes

john
    December 31st, 2013 at 11:21 pm

Mike,
    What’s the difference between UI and UX design? It seems to me there are more resources to learn UX out there but not much on UI. Is UI a subdivision of UX?
    Is studying UX will cover UI. Just needs clarification.

Damir
    January 2nd, 2014 at 3:31 pm

Hi Mike,

I have been watching and learning from your YouTube videos for the past year. It’s great stuff and I recommend it to any Jr. UI/UX Designers/Front-end Devs like myself.

Happy New Year Mike! Looking forward to your stuff in 2014.

HS
    January 4th, 2014 at 8:03 am

Hey Mike,

When you release your Photoshop course is it going to be similar to this one or are you taking a different approach?

Madere
    January 7th, 2014 at 8:12 am

Happy new year

robort
    January 7th, 2014 at 11:11 pm

thanku for giving us a great and useful tips on this newyear.

January 8th, 2014 at 9:29 pm

@John – UI Design is User Interface Design. It involves designing visual elements for the web and mobile devices. UX Design is User Experience Design. It naturally comes with the territory, basically is the principle of designing with the user in mind. Focusing on usability and making sure the entire design is focused on user friendly interactions and design. UX is more of a philosophy rather than something you actually see or touch. Its the end result of a design. UI Design is what people can see, your Interface of your website or web app.

john
    January 20th, 2014 at 7:34 pm

Thnx for the reply, Mike

Austin
    February 16th, 2014 at 6:36 am

Nice post. I learn something new and challenging on sites I stumbleupon every day.
    It’s always useful to read articles from other writers and use something from their web sites.

Also visit my blog post :: Dragon City Gold Hack – Austin,

SEO Birmingham
    February 19th, 2014 at 9:03 am

Brilliant Tips Mike. I definitely think there are going to be some profound steps we have to take in web design this year!

Stoyan
    March 10th, 2014 at 11:50 am

So nice, advice. I’m into the UX/UI designing in like 5 months and i love your videos.

Curtis
    April 25th, 2014 at 8:54 pm

Thanks Michael for the brilliant and super-helpful suggestions. I’m very grateful for your generous support through your videos.